Thursday, May 6, 2010

I'm Such An Intellectual

As most of you know, I am a graduate student in English Literature. Last week, I submitted an abstract to a conference that I reeeeeeeeeeally want to go to. (For those who don't know, an abstract is basically a condensed version of a paper. Conference organizers read abstracts to decide which papers they want to accept for their conference). Anyways, this conference is entitled, "Burney and the Gothic." Burney= Frances Burney, my favorite author and the one whose books I am going write my thesis about. I have been studying the Gothic all semester, and love it. So, basically, this is the perfect conference for me.

I want to get accepted SO badly! I find out by the 15th... keep me in your thoughts!

1 comment:

susan said...

I like Ms Burney's outfit.
I absolutely think you need a similar get-up.

It would look great!